AZ Golf Best Management Practices (BMPs)
May 2019 - Members of the Cactus & Pine GCSA have collaborated with related organizations in Arizona to publish the “Arizona Golf Industry Best Management Practices Guide.”
The Arizona Golf Industry Best Management Practices Guide includes information on golf course planning, design and construction; irrigation; surface water management; water quality monitoring and management; nutrient management; cultural practices; integrated pest management; pesticide management; pollinator protection; and energy use.
Overseeding and Dust Control
The following documents relate to resources regarding Air Quality concerns for Golf Courses at Overseeding.
- Reduce Dust when Planting Winter Ryegrass - Maricopa County Air Quality Department
- Air Quality and Overseeding
- Overseeding Dust Advisory from Maricopa County Air Quality Department - Letter
- Overseeding Dust Advisory from Maricopa County Air Quality Department - Flyer
- Overseeding and the DEQ - by Mark Clark, CGCS
- Reduction Strategies for Overseeding
The Cactus and Pine awards 2 scholarships to college students that are family of association members or are members themselves.
- The Jay Woodward Scholarship (for students interested in becoming GC Superintendents)
- The Mike and Sandy Pock Legacy Scholarship (for all students)
Water Conservation Task Force
The Cactus & Pine Water Conservation Task Force exists to promote the water conservation and management goals of the Arizona golf industry and Arizona Department of Water Resources while educating our stakeholders on the importance of golf’s beneficial use of natural resources.
INDUSTRY - NATIONAL
INDUSTRY - LOCAL
- Southwest Section PGA
- CMAA SW Chapter
- AZ Golf Association
- University of Arizona - Turfgrass
- AZ Department of Ag
- AZ Pest Mgmt Division (old OPM)